TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Sure. But what CZP does it target every price point,
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Sure. But what CZP does it target every price point,

Posted by Stadsport (Nick@CZP) on July 14, 2014 at 7:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 420 times.

In Reply To Sure. But what CZP does it target every price point, posted by MixManMash on July 14, 2014 at 04:33 PM

Message You still seem to be running with this notion that we intentionally ship counterfeit/non-genuine parts in place of genuine parts that are ordered (in this case, redrilled injectors vs Nismo injectors), when this is simply not the case. This has nothing to do with us "getting caught" or customers "being duped". We just don't do that, the sole exception being the 300D rail case which I've already discussed. We don't sell redrilled injectors as Nismos or anything like that.

For what it's worth, Nismo injectors look visually different from every redrilled injector we sell, and our pictures are of the actual products we sell (everything with a CZP watermark is our own photo), so such a scenario wouldn't work even if we tried. For example, AUS 740s have dark grey, circular plastic protectors and, and an identification number engraved into the side. They are also darker than Nismo injectors. Nismo injectors also use the "four claw" style protector. The old JECS injectors weren't even the same body design as Nismo or AUS. Also, redrilled injectors take different settings from Nismo injectors. The car wouldn't be a "ticking time bomb", it would just run like garbage on first startup, and our elaborate ruse would immediately crumble.

Please have the customer call me at 602-283-3500 x340, or email me at nick@myczp.com, I would love to get to the bottom of this. If you prefer to send me their contact info and have me contact them, please pass it along.

In regards to the SZ exhaust components, I assume you're referring to the case when a customer mistakenly received some Alloy Toyz (AMS) downpipes when he requested SZ downpipes. The order was requested over the phone, and Coz just put the wrong item on the invoice. It was an honest mistake (plus, if he was trying to be sheisty, why would he put AMS on the invoice?), and the shipping guys just sent what was on the order. I guess SZ got pretty upset with Coz and cut him off from this, but actually apologized to him later. We still have a healthy relationship with SZ and buy/sell parts to each other frequently. And of course Coz sent the correct part when he was informed of what happened, and had already blown way out of proportion here on TT.net.

By the way, we absolutely do try to hit every price point. Ask myself, Coz, or Brandon and we'll tell you what's bad and what's good with complete honesty, and we weed out the junk parts that are just a waste of time or money. But not everyone is looking to or can afford to install the nicest, most high-end parts in their cars. For example, this downpipe/test pipe combo in question. The fitment isn't perfect, you usually need to drill out one of the downpipe bolt holes and/or machine down the separator a bit, and the flanges aren't nearly as nice as many others, but that's about it. It otherwise still works fine, and it's cheap, so plenty of people are fine with the trade-offs. I'll tell customers all day to either get Labree or Specialty Z (which I don't even sell) if they want stuff that's high quality and fits perfectly, but I'll get "I'm not paying that!!" yelled in my ear if we don't have a cheaper alternative.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.